The board of Erewash Credit Union is seeking a CEO to lead the organisation in the next stage of its development. The credit union, trading as Derbyshire Community Bank, is based in the centre of Derby. Following the resignation of the current C.E.O. after 5 successful years in the role, the organisation is looking for a proactive and passionate individual to deliver the strategic plan of the business over the next few years.
This is an exciting role, working in a challenging environment. The successful applicant will be able to shape the future of the organisation and to work alongside the board to secure a sustainable and profitable future for the credit union and its members.
With a high level of business, financial and banking acumen, you will have previous experience of dealing with staff, volunteers and members of the general public from diverse social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, delivering an engaging and empathetic message to the wide range of stakeholders.
The successful applicant will ideally:-
- Have a proactive approach to lead a third sector organisation
- Have the skills to operate in a banking environment
- Have experience of leading a team of paid staff and volunteers within its operations in Derby and Ilkeston
- Regulatory experience in the sector
- Have evidence of working in partnership with local councils, the trade associations and other similar organisations
- Be able to deliver Derbyshire Community Bank’s strategic plans
- Understand how to implement innovative solutions in a challenging budgetary environment
- Have experience of working with, and reporting to, a board of trustees from diverse backgrounds
- Understand market forces and trends which influence a credit union within Derbyshire.
Salary: Circa £35,000 – £40,000
Hours: 37 hours across Monday – Friday with occasional weekend and evening work
Base: In the city of Derby, with travel across the East Midlands. (Access to a car is essential). Expenses will be paid for travel outside Derby.
Benefits: Pension, 6 weeks’ annual holiday, (including bank holidays).
Application packs are available from: email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am 22nd February 2019
Interviews: 1st March 2019