You and your family are counting down the days to your family staycation. The excitement’s building, especially since everyone’s been in lockdown for the past year and a half! Maximise your fun and relaxation by planning ahead and saving as much as you can.
Six Simple Ways to Afford Your Next Holiday
1. Start a holiday fund. Open a regular savings account – automatic withdrawal from your wages? Talk to us about what savings plans are right for you at: https://www.dcbank.org.uk/savings/
2. Sell unwanted items on Facebook marketplace or gumtree. Liquidating assets that have little to no value to you (but may be valuable to others) can help free up space in your home AND also be the foundation for your holiday spends. ‘One man’s junk is another man’s treasure’.
3. Cut back on food expenses. Eating out is not always the answer. Establish a routine with family dinners to save a significant amount each month.
4. Encourage the kids to contribute. This is a family holiday, so everyone should be able to contribute to the cause. If your kids are old enough, think about how they an contribute? Plus, they’ll be very proud of their accomplishments!
5. Set a goal. Choose a savings goal and keep track of your progress in a way (and location) that’s very visible for the entire family. For extra fun, ask your kids to make a sign to record your progress.
6. Start a change jar. Keep a container accessible to the entire family and remind everyone to empty their pockets into it nightly. You’ll be surprised how fast change can add up!
Family holidays are a great way to make lasting memories to cherish. Even on a tight budget, you can find clever ways to save money on a daily basis that will add up to help with your holiday expenses. The experts at Derbyshire Community Bank are happy to discuss savings strategies and even help you with a loan to top up your holiday funds. https://www.dcbank.org.uk/loan/
Contact us or apply online and see how we can help you today!