Let’s give Loan Sharks the boot!!
We are holding an event on Saturday 1st December from 10 am to 1 pm at 38 Cornmarket, Derby to give Loan Sharks the boot and to raise awareness of the alternative, your local credit union.
Call in and have a selfie with #Daddyshark, post to social media and be in with a chance of winning a Christmas Hamper whilst raising awareness of the issues.
NOT SURE WHAT A LOAN SHARK IS?
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions you might be borrowing from a loan shark:
- Did they offer you a cash loan?
- Did they not give you paperwork?
- Did they add huge amounts of interest or APR to your loan?
- Have they threatened you?
- Are you scared of people finding out?
- Have they taken your bank card, benefit card, passport, watch or other valuables from you?
CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR LENDER IS LEGAL
You can search the Financial Conduct Authority database for all legal money lenders in the UK.
Or call the Illegal Money Lending Team (ILMT) on 0300 555 2222 and they can tell you if your lender is legal or illegal.